My address as of January 12, 2016
Ballard Works building at 2856 NW Market St, Seattle, WA 98107,
very near the Ballard Locks.
Machine Quilting Services
I will work with you to choose the quilting design and thread to best compliment your quilt. All of our long-arm quilting services are completed on a Handi-Quilter machine.
Edge-to-Edge (Pantograph) – A single pattern is used over the entire quilt top. Many designs are available to enhance or compliment your quilt’s design. The price for edge to edge quilting is 2.5 cents per square inch. The minimum charge for edge to edge quilting is $55.
Custom – Specific placement of patterns in blocks, sashing, borders and setting triangles, echoing of patterns or stitch in the ditch ranges from 3-10 cents per square inch. Depending on complexity of design. The minimum charge for custom quilting is $75.
Non Long-arm Service/Sewing charge
Includes: preparing backing, pressing top and/or backing, securing outer seams if needed $22/hr. Other custom requests $25-35/hr.
Thread is included in the cost of quilting. We use the highest quality quilting threads. We have an array of colors including variegated and solid thread. An additional charge will be added for multiple thread color changes.
Batting can be purchased or you may provide your own as long as it is high quality. We have Warm & Natural 100% cotton, wool and other options.
Backing fabric should be AT LEAST 6-8 inches longer in both length and width than the front of the quilt. We will piece your backing if you choose. $22/hr. minimum charge $11
Our number one concern is for the proper care and safety of your quilt. The following tips help to insure the best result for your quilt.
- Your quilt top and backing should be squared up and pressed and seams should lay flat.
- Measure your quilt across the top, bottom and at the center. These three measurements should be the same. If they are not, there is the possibility that there will be puckers in your finished quilt.
- Inspect all seams to ensure there are no gaps or holes. It is recommended to stay stitch ¼” from edge, around the quilt top to ensure seams do not pull apart.
- Trim thread tales from top and remove pins buttons and other embellishments.
Binding is optional and is not included in the price of machine quilting. Binding is priced per linear foot measured all the way around the quilt. There are several options for binding finishes.
- Basic binding with machine top-stitching on the front - $2.50 per linear foot.
- Basic binding stitched to one side and finished by you - $1.75 per linear foot.
- Hand finished binding, stitched onto the back of the quilt - $4.50 per linear foot.
Length of quilt in inches x Width of quilt in inches x .025 (for edge to edge designs) = estimated price (not including batting, tax and extra services) for example:
60” x 70” quilt: 60x70x.025 = $105
90” x 108” quilt: 90x108x.025 = $243
Minimum charges - $55 for edge to edge quilting, $75 for custom quilting.
Thank you for choosing I Sew Love Quilting to help you finish your quilting project. You can be confident we will provide quality workmanship in completing your quilt top professionally. We know how much time, effort and love goes into each quilt.
Fullness – Fullness and or puckers within a quilt and its borders cannot be quilted out. We cannot guarantee that puckers and tucks won’t be sewn in. In some cases excessive fullness in borders may result in the quilt corners not being square. The flatter your quilt top is, the better the finished quilt will be.
Mechanical – Please be aware that sewing machines including long-arm machines are mechanical devices. Although we do our utmost to ensure perfect results every time, on very rare occasions mechanical problems can occur which may cause minor damage to a quilt top and/or backing.